Dementia

Today I was posted in Kidney Unit. I feel very frustrated every time posting there because I need to do hourly and half hourly observation. Most of the patients that come here to do dialysis are old man and old lady, some of them look very depress so I try to cheer them up. ^^
I like to chit-chat with old people, I mean old old people. They have many experience and they will tell you hundred and one story and you just only ask one question about their life. ><
There is a old man, 84 years old look very sad and quiet, so I decided to talk with him. He look very happy and smile back to me when I sit beside him. Before I ask him question, he already throw a few questions to me =.="
So I answer him honestly.
Then when I ask him about his life, he telling me all his story when he was 19 years old until now. @.@
we chit-chat about 1 hours but he keep repeating the same story that he already told me. Then he keep asking me the same question for few times even though I already told him the answer. hahahaha~
This ah gong very cute, he realize that he got dementia, so he always bring a pen with book, to record everything that he did. At first, he don't allow me to see the content of the book, but after I ask a few times, he allow me to see. When I open the book, the book is only a white paper without any writing inside it. So I ask the ah gong why din't write anything, he said that he forgot to write. *.*
I speechlessly look at him, I wanted to laugh but I control, scared will hurt him. suddenly, hahahahahaha, the Ah gong laugh back at me =_=

No comments:

Post a Comment